To achieve a successful sale or business investment, owners should start preparing early in order to minimise the risk of a failed transaction.
Good, advanced preparation will ensure that the business value is optimised for the shareholders.
Recommended preparations will include:
- Get a business valuation
- Know your reason for selling
- Make yourself redundant
- Is a sale realistic or the best option
- Pre-sale check list
- Ensure your business processes and records are in good shape
- Get any skeletons out of the cupboard
- Resolve any potential shareholder issues
- Achieving the best sales value
- Appoint advisers who can add value to your sale process