Activities: Maths tuition for school and college students.
Turnover: Currently trading below the VAT-threshold with approx. 50% profit.
Our client owns a long established mathematics tuition business based in Hampshire. There is a healthy base of active clients and the business has an excellent reputation. Most new students find the business via direct recommendation and tend to stay with the business for a year or more.
This business has a long established reputation for providing excellent tuition with bespoke courses tailored to support the national curriculum, and offers a potential purchaser an exciting opportunity with:
- Established for over 10 years.
- Regular venue providing high quality tuition in a busy leisure centre. Twice weekly sessions with room to expand both the number of sessions and students per session.
- Specific courses to prepare students for SATs, 11+/CE and GCSE, supporting the national curriculum.
- Massive potential for expansion, due to curriculum & legislative changes requiring mathematics study in year 12/13 for those who do not achieve a grade C and the lack of resources in the schools and colleges to accommodate these.
- Established staff of part time (<5 hours a week each) study supervisors and tutors.
- Excellent brand name, established website and Facebook pages.
- Potential to setup similar centres in major nearby cities leveraging the brand.
Reason For Sale
After working hard running the business for 10 years and having operated very successfully in this sector for close to 20 years, our client has decided they would like to retire. They therefore believe that the growth potential of the business would be best realised in the hands of new owners with the commitment, enthusiasm and resources to drive the business forward. They intend to maintain the high quality tuition expected and will continue to pro-actively recruit and retain students until the business sale is completed.
This is a nice opportunity to acquire a successful and well-established business, with plenty of scope for expansion. The vendor is happy to agree a mutually acceptable hand over period with the interested party.
Offers are invited for the business.
The Next Step
Please sign the confidentiality agreement for this business, after which you will receive further details.